Home  /  FAQ
  • Medical bills
  • Lost wages
  • Pain and suffering
  • Permanent disfigurement or impairment damages
  • Loss of enjoyment of life
  • Loss of quality of life
  • Inconvenience
  • Mileage to and from medical appointments
  • Other economic and non-economic damages
  • Property damages

Yes. You will be sent copies of the letters which are sent out on your behalf to insurance companies and medical providers. If at any time you have a question about your case, one of our attorneys, paralegals or legal assistants will be happy to answer your questions.

There are several stages to a claim. Your immediate concern will be seeking prompt medical attention. After that, you may need help with the property damage to your vehicle, such as repair or replacement if the vehicle was totaled, as well as obtaining a rental car and payment of the towing charges.
When you have reached a point in your care where either your injuries have resolved or you have reached maximum medical improvement, we are then ready to prepare your claim against the insurance company. The length of this process varies and depends on many factors, such as: which insurance company we are making a claim against, whether you need a permanent impairment rating to document the extent of your permanent medical injuries, and documentation of your economic losses.
At the Gaiennie Law Office, we try to obtain as much information and documentation on your claim as possible while you are still treating, so that when you are released from care, we can move your claim forward as promptly as possible.

Yes, you should contact your insurance agent if you were involved in an auto accident, even if the accident was not your fault. At that time, you should ask for a copy of your policy, including the declaration page (listing your coverages). You may have benefits such as medical payments coverage or wage loss coverage for which you have paid premiums.
Also, if the person who caused the accident turns out to be uninsured or under-insured, you may have applicable coverages under your own policy.

There are several ways in which that person might be covered. If they live with someone with a valid insurance policy, they may be covered as a resident relative. Or, if someone else owned the car, there may be a valid insurance policy to cover the driver. Also, you may have uninsured motorist coverage through your own insurance policy. Our law office would be happy to help you locate applicable coverage to protect your interests.

Yes. Just call (303)455-5030 to set up your FREE consultation. We will be happy to meet, discuss your claim, and advise you of your legal rights and options.

If you are injured in an accident, you may need legal representation to help you obtain a fair resolution of your claim. If your claim is for damage to your vehicle only, you may be able to adequately resolve the claim directly with the insurance company.

The reality is insurance companies are corporations whose goal is to make profit. Insurance companies are some of the wealthiest companies in America. In 2013, 46 insurers were on Fortune magazine’s “Fortune 500” list and 11 were in the top 100.

How Insurance  companies make money is often misunderstood. They make their profit by minimizing their overhead on claims. Helping people simply does not add to their bottom line. Having experienced legal counsel forces an insurance company to properly evaluate your claim or risk of a lawsuit. It is our job to protect you and your family through this process.

Success in accident cases comes with swiftly securing legal representation. Studies have shown that people who obtain legal counsel are awarded more money than those who are unrepresented. The best way to determine whether you need a lawyer is to come in for a free initial consultation to discuss your claim.

You should discuss with your employer whether you are entitled to any benefits or paid leave. If your inability to work is lengthy, you may want to apply for disability benefits.
We will make a claim on your behalf to the insurance company for payment of your lost wages, including the time missed from work to attend your medical appointments.

The first thing we will find out is whether you have medical payments coverage under your own insurance policy. Colorado law now requires insurance companies to offer $5000 in medical payments coverage, although an individual can choose not to accept that coverage.
If you have health insurance, Medicare or Medicaid, your medical care may be paid for in full or in part through these programs. However, be aware most policies require repayment of these benefits from any claims you pursue against the at-fault party.
The insurance carrier for the person who caused the accident (or your own uninsured motorist coverage) is ultimately responsible for payment of the medical bills. Generally, the insurance company pays medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages and other claims in one lump sum (other than property damage claims).

Since Colorado became a “tort” state in July of 2003, many people are unsure how to obtain medical treatment when injured in an auto accident. For immediate medical attention, you may need to be seen in the emergency department of a local hospital or at an urgent care clinic. For follow-up care, unless you have health insurance, other medical coverage, or can pay the bill up front, you may have difficulty locating a doctor.
The Gaiennie Law Office has developed relationships with doctors, chiropractors, physical therapists and other medical providers who would be willing to provide you with medical treatment on a lien. A lien is an agreement with your medical provider where the medical provider will pay your medical expenses and you must pay them back.

Colorado law states that you have three years to bring a claim arising out of an auto accident. By the three year anniversary of your accident, your claim must be resolved or a lawsuit must be filed to protect your interests.
There may be other deadlines, such as filing appropriate notices if your claim involves a governmental entity, including claims against RTD.
Slip and fall actions as well as wrongful death claims generally have a two year statute of limitations